Using previous outputs in the next API endpoint URL parameters

Hi,

In my flow I’ve got a step that extracts texts from a column. In the following step I’d like to include this string in the API Endpoint URL so I can pull something specific.

Is this possible?

Thank you!

Hi @Isabel- happy to help!

If you want to include that string in the API endpoint URL, you should be able to do this with an Enrich with an API step. While we aren’t able to support adding text to the Request Headers or Authentication sections of that step, you should be able to pass in values to the API Endpoint URL or Request Body with {ColumnName}.

2 Likes

Thank you so much Emory! This is brilliant. My flow is now fully automated and I was able to shorten it by 40% (I got rid of all the unnecessary separate pulls and table merges).

3 Likes

Hi, I had the same question and found this thread, however in my case the request needs to be a PUT, which isn’t an option witht he ‘Enrich’ step. How would I use a variable in the endpoint for a ‘post’ step?

Hi @Will_Kidger

Our Enrich with API step does not support PUT requests at the moment. The Send to API step, however, can also use variables by referencing column headers.

Unlike the Enrich with API step, the response will not be returned. You will need to make separate API requests to pull the modified records into Parabola.

Hope that adds some insight! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi @daniel,

Thanks, but whilst in the request body Parabola recognises I’m typing a column header/variable, in the endpoint/request URL, it doesn’t:

CleanShot 2023-11-27 at 21.18.32

Will it work anyway, if I just type in the correct value in?

Hi @Will_Kidger

That should still work! If it doesn’t, please let me know.