Please treat this discussion forum with the same respect you would a public park. This is a place to share skills, knowledge and interests through ongoing conversation.
These are not hard and fast rules, merely guidelines to aid the human judgment of our community and keep this a clean and well-lit place for respectful public discourse.
The conversations we have here set the tone for the entire community and every new member that joins us. Influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this forum a fun, helpful, interesting place to be — and avoiding those that do not.
This community platform provides tools that enable the community to collectively identify the best (and worst) contributions: bookmarks, likes, flags, replies, edits, and so forth. Use these tools to improve your own experience, and everyone else’s, too.
Help us make this a great place for discussion by:
- providing detailed responses to questions you know how to answer
- only asking new questions with enough background information and details so that other community members can effectively answer them
- offering encouraging, helpful suggestions to others needing help with their Parabola experience
Remember, the Parabola Team moderates the community and responds to question too. If you don’t know the answer to another member’s question, just leave it for us or someone else to answer!
The topics discussed here matter to us, and we believe that they may matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.
Make the effort to put things in the right place, so that we can spend more time discussing and less cleaning up.
- Always ensure topics are started in the correct category.
- Ensure that a topic does not already exist/question has not already been asked
- Only post in one category. (We’ll move it if we think it’s better suited for a different category)
- Always reply with content.
- Stay on topic. You can always create a new topic if you want to discuss something else.
- Your profile information is attached to your posts. No need to sign off.
Rather than posting “+1” or “Agreed”, use the Like button. Rather than taking an existing topic in a radically different direction, use Reply as a Linked Topic.
You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people . We do not tolerate:
- Ad hominem attacks
- Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
- Knee-jerk contradiction
Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.
Moderators have special authority; they are responsible for this forum. But so are you. With your help, moderators can be community facilitators, not just janitors or police.
When you see bad behavior, don’t reply. This includes bad, unwanted behavior in public posts and private messages. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone’s time. Just flag it . If enough flags accrue, action will be taken, either automatically or by moderator intervention.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
Nothing sabotages a healthy conversation like rudeness:
- Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, or hate speech.
- Keep it clean. Don’t post anything obscene or sexually explicit.
- Respect each other. Don’t harass anyone, impersonate people, or expose their private information.
- Respect our forum. Don’t post spam or otherwise vandalize the forum.
These are not concrete terms with precise definitions — avoid even the appearance of any of these things. If you’re unsure, ask yourself how you would feel if your post was featured on the front page of the New York Times.
This is a public forum, and search engines index these discussions. Keep the language, links, and images safe for family and friends. Again, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time.
You may not post anything digital that belongs to someone else without permission. You may not post descriptions of, links to, or methods for stealing someone’s intellectual property (software, video, audio, images), or for breaking any other law.
It’s so very important to protect private data in your own content. Make sure to redact/black out any potentially private information in your screenshots and questions, like your bearer token and customer data.
This site is operated by your friendly local staff and you , the community. If you have any further questions about how things should work here, open a new topic in the Community Feedback category and let’s discuss! If there’s a critical or urgent issue that can’t be handled by a meta topic or flag, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes, legalese is boring, but we must protect ourselves – and by extension, you and your data – against unfriendly folks. We have a Terms of Service describing your (and our) behavior and rights related to content, privacy, and laws. To use this service, you must agree to abide by our TOS.