The API response couldn't be parsed

I am running into an issue when using the Pull from an API source, using username/password authorization.

If I don’t provide any Request Header details, nothing is returned.

If I add Content-Type: application/json still nothing is returned.

If add Accept-Encoding: br then I get the Settings error “The API response couldn’t be parsed: Data with Content-Type “application/json” could not be parsed.”

I threw the api into Postman to check the headers and body and it had no problem reading the body of the response.

Hey @Reid_Sheldon ,

Sorry to hear that you’re having this issue! We are taking a look at this on our end, and will be sure to give you an update as soon as we can.

In the meantime, can you please share the JSON being returned in Postman? That could be helpful when trying to troubleshoot on our end. Appreciate your patience as we check this out!

Thanks @Adam_R

Thanks for sending that over, Reid. After our engineering team did some testing on our end, we discovered that our API step is currently is unable to properly parse API responses containing simple arrays of text/number/boolean characters, like the response returned above.

Our team filed a bug, and I’ll be sure to keep this post updated with our progress. Apologies for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we improve our API step!

thanks @Adam_R I’ll keep an eye for an update

Hey @Reid_Sheldon,

We just released an update to our Pull from API step, so you should now be able to successfully pull in this JSON list! Let us know if you run into any issues when re-running your flow.

2 Likes

thanks @Adam_R working as expected now

1 Like