Aggregated metrics from multiple CSVs

Hey guys,

Currently, I manually download csv reports from multiple marketing channels. Some of them have Supermetrics connectors but they’re expensive so I choose to get weekly reports scheduled to my email.,I then convert dates into weeks in excel so I can provide WoW reports like this:

I basically do all the calculation (nothing much, just CTR, CPC etc) in an excel sheet where I copy/paste all the records together (that are split by dates), run pivot and put it all together.

Before coming to Parabola, I attempted to find a way to put all these CSVs into BQ and not knowing SQL, it became a problem with the ultimate goal of showing this in GDS. So I stopped trying it out.

now I find you guys where things indeed look simple. I was curious though… given what I explained above… is it simple if I use you guys?

Hey @Matias_O! This seems like a great use case for Parabola. I’ve seen lots of similar use cases that are really successful – and, in fact, we use Parabola at Parabola to aggregate our ad spend and calculate CPA across different channels :slight_smile:.

There are many ways to do this, but I imagine it will look something like this:

• Import your data in Parabola (through our CSV Import step)
  • Use the Table Merge step to get all of your data into one sheet
  • Clean the data and calculate metrics

Let us know if you need help while you’re building the flow. Happy building!

1 Like

Thanks @andrew, kind of you to let me know. Want to make sure, I hope you’re talking about multiple spreadsheets from multiple channels?

1 Like

Hey @Matias_O! This shouldn’t be a problem. As long as you can successfully import the data into Parabola (which you should be able to do with our CSV Import) then you can work with several datasets at once or combine them together.

We actually just released a video series that talks about combining data in Parabola: https://parabola.io/series/combining-data. Check it out – you’ll be able to see this very problem in action.

Also, we’re here to help as you get started building. I’d encourage you to play around with the product and you can ask any questions you run into in the community :slight_smile:

2 Likes