Upsert or Update?

Hi Team,

I was sending some data to MySQL and in the docs i was reading this:

Upsert

The Upsert option will updates rows if possible, and inserts new rows if not. The Upsert operation requires you to specify the primary key of the database table (“Unique Identifier Column in Database”), or the column that contains unique values in Parabola (“Unique Identifier Column in Results”). Mapping these columns is important so Parabola can use to figure out which rows to update versus insert new rows.

Then, you need to map your columns in Parabola to columns from your selected MySQL table.

Update

The Update option will only update rows. It will not insert any new rows. The Update operation requires you to specify the primary key of the database table (“Unique Identifier Column in Database”), or the column that contains unique values in Parabola (“Unique Identifier Column in Results”). Mapping these columns is important so Parabola can use to figure out which rows to update.

Then, you need to map your columns in Parabola to columns from your selected MySQL table.

Only, when I select Upsert, I don’t get the mentioned options “Unique Identifier Column in Database” and “Unique Identifier Column in Results”, and testing this option, all data was added again, so it was duplicated.

When I checked the Update option, I did get the options “Unique Identifier Column in Database” and “Unique Identifier Column in Results” but as I understand correctly, with this function new rows will not be added, right?

So to both Update changes and insert new rows, the Upsert function should be adjusted to match the description in the docs I guess?

Or do I not understand it correctly?

Thank you in advance!

Hi @Alivio :wave: thanks for writing in with this question!

We’re taking a look at the Send to MySQL step now - Going to send you an email directly so we can take a look at the Flow where this was configured to help troubleshoot.

Best,
Ayana