How to set operations for MySQL Export?

Hello! In the documentation for the MySQL Export, it says it is possible to apply operations such as Insert, Upsert, and Update. However, in the Settings for that step, I only see the following option:

“When this flow runs it will connect / will not connect…”

Where may I choose the specific Operation? Thank you!

Hey John,

You just need to connect data to it. So send an arrow from the step that has data you want to export to the MySQL Export!

Best,
Brian

Thanks for your reply! I believe I already have the connection made (see screenshot 1), but am still only seeing the basic ‘will connect / will not connect’ options (screenshot 2). I appreciate any more guidance you may have.

https://imgur.com/a/w59Fj66

FYI I know there is data at the point of the ‘Find/Replace’ step in my screenshot, as I see it rendered in the Preview in the step settings (And it successfully exports to the CSV Export step).

Just to follow up here - I reconnected the step again, and now I see the ‘Operation’ and other drop-down menus. So I’m all set. Thank you.

3 Likes

I’m running into the same issue as John_Doe but I never actually see options other than will connect / will not connect and no data goes into my database. I’m not at all clear from the documentation whether or not I need to make a table with all field definitions first or it will do that for me. Are there more thorough instructions missing about the setup from scratch in a brand new database?

Hi @Jon_Dean,

You need to select a specific table to push data to in order to perform an operation. That table should already exist in your database.

Once that table exists you should be able to select it in Parabola and perform an operation type. You’ll also be able to map the fields in your table to the columns in Parabola.

Just note, the Send to MySQL step can only send string values, so double-check to ensure your fields can accept strings.