I’m trying to make a website for a meal prep business that currently takes orders via text message. I’ve set up their store on Squarespace and need some help massaging the data so that every night at midnight, they can print out what they need to make in the early morning.
Details are first, and at the very bottom is my progress.
- There are 10+ meals (e.g. chicken teriyaki, turkey BBQ burger, salmon teriyaki, shepherd’s pie)
- Each meal has the exact same following product variants… amount of protein, type of carbs, amount of carbs, type of veggies, amount of veggies)
- You can also order protein muffins (there’s ~8 different types)
- You can also order meat in bulk (1lb, 2lb, 3lb, 4lb, 5lb)
Meal selection on website:
Meal customization on website:
Printouts / calculations required:
- total number of meals we need to make BY type (e.g. teriyaki chicken, turkey BBQ burger, salmon teriyaki)
- total amount of protein needed to make, and by meal selected (e.g. teriyaki chicken and can choose 6oz, 7oz, or 8oz; but also needs to sum up bulk meat orders)
- total amount of carbs needed to make, and by type (there are 4 types)
- total amount of veggies needed to make, and by type (there are 3 types)
- total amount of muffins to make, and by type (there are ~8 types)
Here are some snapshots of the data I get from Squarespace:
This test customer ordered 2 variations of Teriyaki Chicken (3 in first variation combo and 2 in second variation combo):
Here’s what the variations look like fully expanded:
The printout for this 24-hr period should show:
- Total teriyaki chicken meals: 5 meals
- Total teriyaki chicken protein: 33oz
- Total jasmine rice: 1 cup
- Total brown rice: 3 cups
- Total green beans: 3 orders (orders because we just fill the remaining space after protein and carbs)
- Total broccoli: 2 orders (orders because we just fill the remaining space after protein and carbs)
Additionally, we wanted to figure out how to print out 4 orders per page vs. the Squarespace 1 order per person per page. This step is to make sure at the end of bulk-preparing everything, the team can quickly assemble the meals appropriately.
Any help would be appreciated! I’m a novice with data manipulation, so I’m not very far along. So far I’ve been able to bring in the data and have been experimenting with how to make the initial de-duped counts for totals.