Setting up ISBNdb API

I’m new to Parabola and after reading tons of help boards in wanting to link up an ISBN database to Shopify, this was recommended. There is only one post on this forum on that particular database and it’s not really helping. No matter what I do, I get errors. The only information that they give for setting up is:
GET /book/9780134093413 HTTP/1.1
Host: api2.isbndb.com
User-Agent: insomnia/5.12.4
Authorization: YOUR_REST_KEY
Accept: /

Is anyone able to walk me through setting this up?

This is my current error:
{
“message”: “my api key here’ not a valid key=value pair (missing equal-sign) in Authorization header: ‘Bearer my api key entered here’.”
}
There request sent:
{
“headers”: {
“Authorization”: “Bearer 46883_6892c65a6e461abf1e97fde81960e61b”,
“User-Agent”: " insomnia/5.12.4"
},
“method”: “GET”,
“url”: “https://api.premium.isbndb.com/author/
}

Hi @Meredith_Kenney :wave:

Welcome to the community! Happy to help you out here.

Try passing your rest key as an Authorization header under the Request Headers section of your Pull from an API step.

You’ll also want to ensure you’re making a valid request to the author endpoint. For example, https://api.premium.isbndb.com/author/hemingway

Lastly, be sure to select books as your Top Level Key under the Response JSON tab to fully expand your data.

Let me know if that helps!

Thank you so much for your response. That did get it to work! But, perhaps I mistook what I would be able to do with this information taken from ISBNdb. I was hoping that I would be able to use this feed to bring in descriptions and images. But, in looking at the options available in the Shopify step of the flow, that doesn’t seem to be applicable to any of the items to send to Shopify. Am I missing something yet again? Thank you for your help.

Hi @Meredith_Kenney

Glad to hear that worked! Unfortunately, our Send to Shopify step does not allow you to create products.

Instead, try using the Send to an API step by making a request to Shopify’s Product resource. I’m also linking you to a similar post in our community forum where another user created products using that step.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction!

Thank you once again. Can you help me one more time (hopefully just once more!)? I am stuck on what to use in the Request Body field. I followed all other instructions in that post you linked.

Hi @Meredith_Kenney,

Since this will require some setup, feel free to send us an email at help@parabola.io and we can schedule a working session.

We can take a look at how you want to structure your products in your Shopify store and help you configure a request to create products using the ISBNdb API.

Thanks!
Daniel