Map Dynamic File ID for Google Sheets Export

1. What is your feature/integration request?
    Ability in Google Sheets export to choose the output file based on a value in my data. My API import returns, among other things, a Google Sheet associated with my customer.

2. What problem would this feature/integration solve?

I’m a product manager for an app where users can create forms. What I want to do is enable them to request a Google Sheet with their form submissions.

Right now in Parabola I’ve created a flow which uses API Import (I currently have to manually enter an ID for which form to pull, webhooks will be great for this so I shoot a request to Parabola), then I perform some transformations on the data and send it to Google Sheets Export. For customers with an existing Google Sheet, I would like it to add a sheet to that document rather than creating a new document.

1. How do you solve/workaround this problem today?

As of now, I need to duplicate the flow and manually connect each flow to the google doc for each customer. This is clearly not scalable as I seek to offer this integration to more customers :slight_smile:

Another related item is the ability to dynamically name a new Google Sheet. It seems I can’t use variables like {Customer Name} in the new file, file name field. It just named the file {Customer Name}.

Thanks for posting your request! We do have a webhooks feature that is currently in beta. Would you be interested in trying it out? Let me know if so and I can get it enabled on your account. Here’s more info about our webhooks import step.

1 Like