I was trying to merge a bunch of Excel files into a single one. I tried the “read file from Dropbox” and “Use Excel file” but given the number of files I was dealing with, it wasn’t viable.
It would be really useful for this (and I think other scenarios), to be able to:
- Get the list of files in a Dropbox (or other equivalent services) folder
- Have a “for each” loop construct that could an input, and produce an output that can be collected into a global result. This loop construct would take files coming from the prior step in this case, but in could take other “enumerable” lists and do math or other operations.
In my use case, I would have:
- Connected to Dropbox folder, and get list of files
- For each file, merge it with the previous steps’ result
- Take the final output and add some columns (as per the existing features)
In summary, a couple of feature requests:
- Get list of files in a folder
- For…Each construct to iterate over a list to perform one or more operations
Or A “map-reduce” type of construct for this sort of sequential transformation and accumulation of results over a collection
Hope this is clear, but happy to clarify further.