Issue with Shopify Integration

The Shopify import is being blocked by Shopify. How do you get past this?

Hey Robert! Thanks for reporting this issue. Our app is unfortunately still under review by Shopify. We’ll be hiding the integration shortly to avoid confusion, but we’ll be sure to let you know when it’s approved and available again!

2 Likes

Hey Sachi! Any update?

Hey J_M! Thanks for checking in! We need to make some updates to our original app at Shopify’s request, so it’s taking a little longer than expected. We’re getting close though. We’ll be sure to respond to this thread and post elsewhere as soon as our Shopify integration is available. The new app is even better than we originally planned, so we’re really excited for you to be able to use it. :hugs:

In the meantime, you can still use our API steps to connect to the Shopify API. Here’s a sample recipe you can use to see how to connect to their API. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

1 Like

Do you have an expected timeline for the app release, am interested in the same.

@sachi Any update on this?

Sorry for having to bump me on this, @Yanay!

We’re almost there! Just working through some final details with the Shopify team. As a result, timing unfortunately isn’t entirely in our control but we should at the very least have an update next week. I’ll keep this thread up to date so you can follow along.

1 Like

Thanks sachi, let me know when there is progress

@sachi any update on the above?

Hi Yuvraj - Thanks for continuing to check in on this. We really appreciate your excitement for it. :heartpulse:

We’re doing everything we can to make sure our Shopify app is easy to use and delivers serious value. Because of that, we are continuing to make some changes on our end before launching. We’re working as quickly as we can, and we promise it’ll be worth the wait!

In the meantime, we added back our Shopify beta step that helps you import your Shopify data by connecting to Shopify’s API.

Here are the instructions for how to set it up:

1. Login to your Shopify store
  2. Click on the Apps section of the sidebar
  3. At the bottom click “Manage private apps”
  4. Click to create new private app
  5. Give it a name and make sure the Admin API permissions are set to be able to access the things you want
  6. Copy the Example URL that shows up and paste it in the API Endpoint URL field of the beta step. The URL contains the API Key and password to access the data for your Shopify store. Make sure to select “None” in the Authentication dropdown.

Sample endpoint URL:
https://YOUR_API_KEY:YOUR_API_PASSWORD@YOUR_STORE.myshopify.com/admin/api/2019-07/products.json
7. Click the blue “Show Updated Results” button and you should see your Shopify data!

Alternatively, you can pass your API Key and Password in the Username and Password fields in the step by selecting “Username/Password” in the Authentication dropdown instead. You’ll want to paste just the API Key part of your URL in the Username field and paste the API Password part in the Password field. If you go this route, you can remove the API Key and API Password portion from the endpoint URL.

One more note - When consulting Shopify’s API docs, make sure to use Shopify’s 2019-07 api version for Parabola:

If you want to set this up as a workaround for now and need any additional help, let us know! Sorry again for the delay. You all will be the first to know here when we go live with the completed app!

1 Like

Hey all! As promised, I wanted you all to be the first to know that we just released the Shopify Import and Shopify Export steps.

We want our existing customers to use it first and provide early feedback. Please feel free to reply below with your feedback, or email me at help@parabola.io. Can’t wait to hear what you all think!

We’re in the soft launch right now, so expect a much bigger, more exciting announcement soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes