Improvements to the file selector screen

I’d love to see improvements to the file selector screens. For example, in the Google Sheets step, the dropdown menu is too cumbersome to locate files, especially if you use Google Sheets regularly. It would be great if the interface was similar to Google Sheets/Drive, where you could locate files beyond just search and alphabetical order. Instead, it’d be great to be able to interact with your files like you can in Google: sort by files that were recently shared, recently created, recently opened, etc.

Hi @iammia,

Thanks so much for your feedback! Check out my latest post, we just released a file explorer interface for google sheets! Let me know what you think.

3 Likes

I am new to Parabola, when I use Google Sheets I do not see the filter. Is it part of free version?

Hey @Steven_Darlington - Welcome to Parabola! Thanks for pointing this out. I checked this out and it looks like we did update the file selector with some recent design updates that were released. You should still be able to search for the relevant Google Sheets from the “File” dropdown.

I’ll confirm with our engineering team that this is expected moving forward, but it might take until January 4th to get a confirmation back to you. In the meantime, let me know if you’re having trouble accessing the relevant Google Sheets file from that step.

1 Like

Hey Steven, we decided to remove this feature! The file selector was causing more confusion, and was only available the first time that you used the step. So at the moment, the best way to find your file is to open the Google Sheets step, click on the file selector, and then search for whichever file that you need.

Thank you, that answers my question.

1 Like