Forwarding emails to parabola email trigger email

Hi there!

I was wondering if there’s a way to actually get a confirmation code for automatic forwarding with Gmail. We get weekly reports and instead of manually forwarding it to our email trigger, I was wondering if it’d be possible to automate Gmail to do so for us, but ran into a snag with the confirmation code.

Thanks!

Hey Courtney,

Trying to understand the situation better. Do you have a Parabola flow that puts together a weekly report and emails it to you?

And then, are you trying to forward that email to someone else, or forward the attachment, or use the reception of that email as a trigger for another Parabola flow?

Hey Brian!

Sorry, it was hard to explain what I was trying to do. Let me try to elaborate.

There’s a report that’s emailed to us by a third party and the flow takes this CSV attachment and separates the information to then send out into emails. I already have the flow set up and everything works, I just want to be able to verify the trigger email (the @inbound.parabola.io address) in Gmail so that I can forward the email automatically to Parabola. The confirmation code is what I’m seeking, but since the @inbound.parabola.io isn’t an actual email account, I’m unable to put in a confirmation code. Which is where my problem lies.

Does that make sense? It’s easy in my mind, but hard to put into words for me.

1 Like

Hey @Courtney_Nguyen,

You bring up a great point. Auto-forwarding from a third party is quite limited since you’ll need the unique @inbound.parabola.io address to verify the confirmation code.

The good news is our engineering team is looking into a fix that will forward the confirmation code back to the flow owner.

In the meantime, have your third party send it directly to the email address provided. You can also have them send it to you and cc the @inbound.parabola.io email address to trigger your flow.

Appreciate your understanding. I’ll be sure to follow up once those changes have been made!

1 Like

Hi @Courtney_Nguyen,

I’m following up to let you know that verification codes will be sent back to your inbox! For more information on how to set this up, check out our How To documentation.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

Thanks so much for following up with me, Daniel! Really excited to implement this into the existing flow and having it all take place on Parabola rather than through third party automation apps! :slight_smile: