Flow error says: read ECONNRESET

Every couple of days now, I get an error in a flow that says: read ECONNRESET (using the Squarespace API).

It prevents the flow from running. When I go in the flow and manually refresh the data, the error disappears and the data is pulled properly.

How can I fix it so I don’t get this error?

Thank you.

Hi @Gabrielle_Lods :wave:

The read ECONNRESET error message is the API’s way of asking us to try again later. This Stack Overflow post does a good job of describing the error:

“ECONNRESET” means the other side of the TCP conversation abruptly closed its end of the connection. This is most probably due to one or more application protocol errors. You could look at the API server logs to see if it complains about something.

What could also be the case: at random times, the other side is overloaded and simply kills the connection as a result. If that’s the case, depends on what you’re connecting to exactly…

But one thing’s for sure: you indeed have a read error on your TCP connection which causes the exception.

Unfortunately, this error occurs outside of Parabola, so we are unable to offer a fix outside of notifying you via email at this time. We do see this error across APIs, and running the flow once more usually does the trick as you mentioned!

2 Likes

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply. Do you believe changing the time at which the flow is run might help to avoid server overwhelm?

Hi @Gabrielle_Lods,

Stepping in for Adam here. Offsetting your scheduled flow runs to minimize the amount of data sent at a given time could potentially help.

Just note, the server could be overwhelmed with additional requests other than yours, so it’s not guaranteed.

Try offsetting your flows first, and let us know if the API connection remains stable!