Updating products in Shopify

1. Be able to update product price/weight/dimensions and other variables
  2. Unable to update pricing as they are changed by suppliers or other product updates
  3. Manual entry - creating workflow to notify me of these differences so that I can spend hours doing to manually

Hey @Damon_Sauer,

Have you tried using our generic Send to an API step? Using that step, you can update product attributes like price, weight, and other attributes.

Check out their documentation and you’ll see a list of editable attributes. You’ll want to make a request to this endpoint:

PUT /admin/api/2021-01/variants/{variant_id}.json

You’ll need to pass the Variant Id of the product variant you want to update into the URL. You can import your Variant Id using our Pull from Shopify step.

If you need help setting this up, reach out to us at help@parabola.io, and we can schedule some time to get this up and running!

Sure I could. Gen up a simple shell script or python csvimport - but if I did that - I could do ALL of it that way and not pay Parabola a dime. It’s the price of convenience for me - not that I don’t know how to use curl :slight_smile:

Hi Damon,

It’s pretty much “set it and forget it” once it’s set up. But I understand where you’re coming from. I just wanted to share that bit of information in case you’d like to do that in Parabola.

We’ve had multiple people ask about implementing this feature into our Send to Shopify step. It’s definitely on our radar!