Support for x-www-form-urlencoded headers

I’m trying to connect to a REST API that requires x-www-form-urlencoded in the content-type header. According to https://learn.parabola.io/docs/troubleshooting-connecting-to-an-api, this isn’t currently supported by Parabola. Would it be possible to add support for this type of API? Right now, I have to use Postman to generate a the bearer token that is used by the API to authorize subsequent requests. That’s making it impossible for me to fully automate a flow.

Hi Michael! I went ahead and moved your post into our Feature Request category. I can definitely understand why you’d want this to be supported to be able to fully automate your flow.

Out of curiosity, what API are you using?

Hi Sachi,

Thanks for the quick response. The API I need to connect with is for the iMIS member management system. Only the initial request to get a token requires that header:

https://developer.imis.com/v1.0.1/reference/bearer-token

All subsequent requests have the content-type header as application/json.

-Michael

Thanks for the additional info! We’ll continue monitoring this request for the time being.

Hi @sachi, I’m wondering if Parabola was able to add this request into the product pipeline, and if so, when that might be released to production?

Thanks,
Michael

Thanks for checking back in, Michael. Unfortunately, no substantial updates on this request. It’s not prioritized for the nearterm (next 1-2 months). I’ll be sure to keep this thread updated with any changes.

+1 to this request

To be able to use the Parsehub api which only accepts data on the body of the request as data-form.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Following up on this thread! We’re still monitoring this feature request, but check out our new documentation outlining how to work with APIs in Parabola.

+1 - any update? Thank you!

Hi @Pushpendra_Singh,

This is on our radar, but we do not yet have an expected completion date. We’ll be sure to update this thread as soon as we have news to share!

1 Like

Any update on when this will be available? I’d like to connect to the Cloudbeds API.

Hi @John_Wijtenburg- We don’t currently have a timeline on supporting the x-www-form-urlencoded header for regular API calls. We do, however support this header for authorization when doing Expiring Access Token or OAuth 2.0 authorization. Here is the documentation on how to set that up.

Looking at the Cloudbeds API documentation, it looks like they should support OAuth 2.0. Let us know if you have any questions while setting this up!