Parabola Pricing Update

One suggestion is that you keep both pricing models, allowing the user to choose according to the usage profile.

1 Like

Very disappointing that such a poor pricing model has been implemented, and even more disappointing that you’re trying to somehow justify a massive price hike as a response to the previous model being complicated, which no regular users were repeatedly complaining about ("…some users felt they were underpaying" - yes, of course… I often complain about prices being too low). This is completely unmeasured and has meant that I’m (along with a huge chunk of your faithful customer base) have seen a 500% increase in price.

“…pricing should correspond to the value you’re getting…” - I usually run one flow a day using 4 credits, to move and do some very minor processing of around 4000 products into bubble.io. Do you think that this should cost $1,000 per year? This corresponds to the value I’m getting? Absolutely not, not even close.

There are plenty of other options out there, and you’ve left me no choice but to re-build at one of them.

3 Likes

I’d like to thank you. I have just finished moving my main flow to n8n, and I am actually happier with the result than I was before (which inexplicably failed every fourth run writing to Shopify)…and I now save $16 a month!

As I need to write back to Shopify, the $4800 a year plan was just not going to work for me…and I really don’t want to talk to a salesperson to get a special deal…(which would need to be at least a 96% discount!).

Its a shame, I liked having Parabola in my toolbox, even though I heavily underused it (and was often frustrated that I couldn’t write back to airtable). I guess you are targeting corporates, so for a very small business like mine, I have to say adios! Good luck for the future.

2 Likes

Huge disappointment for me. Actively looking to move off now.

I actually have an outstanding bug with Bubble that I uncovered, so actually … maybe better to get out of here.

The idea that there are just “hobby” types sat in their basements running ad-hoc flos and then you jump to a “team” of 5 people. Who on earth has a nocode team of 5 that need access to Parabola?

Probably should have checked the rest of the market before they priced. Or maybe they actively want to get rid of the smaller companies with 1 person doing the “backend”.

But I struggle to see why you would keep the free tier, and get rid of those of paying c$50 a month.

Bubble is $115 on a Pro plan. To charge nearly the same for something that just dicks about with data (very well) is supreme hubris for something that is pretty buggy still.

1 Like

Greg you have summed this up perfectly. The fact that they are trying to spin this as what the customers wanted is simply insulting.

Hey all!

I understand some of you are upset, and I want to reiterate that we fully intend to work with existing customers on custom plans that don’t break their budgets. We’re definitely not trying to pull the rug out from under you. The initial email/announcement was intended to give everyone a heads up about the new pricing and let them know we’d work with them as they migrate to more powerful plans.

To clarify, while we do believe these new plans are much better for most people, we’re not forcing anyone to leave the current plan they’re on. Your current credit limit/price will still work going forward.

When you do want to upgrade to get access to the larger amount of usage: if you don’t feel your usage (or team size) fits into the new plans, just email us. We’ve already spoken with a lot of people and gotten them set up with custom plans.

In parallel, we’re trying to figure out how to address the feedback in this thread about a more formal “Starter” plan in between $0 and $80/month for companies under 5 people at ~$20/month. We’ll include some scheduled flows. Understand not everyone wants to have to ask for a custom plan, so you can submit a request to join the Starter tier here.

To clarify, while we do believe these new plans are much better for most people, we’re not forcing anyone to leave the current plan they’re on. Your current credit limit/price will still work going forward.

Hi Brian, From what I understand, we would be forced in 3 months from now.

Hey Neil!

Apologies for my miscommunication with you. I’ll follow up with you in our email chain to sort things out!

The above statement from my post is correct - we will not be forcing anyone to migrate in 3 months if they would prefer to stay on their current credit limit/price.

do you guys plan to phase out this credit system? If someone needs more credit, would there be an option to upgrade to next credit plan? Thank you!

That is a good question! You will stay on your current credit limit/price but you will not be able to adjust that limit up or down. So adjusting your credits will be phased out, but you can stick with your current credit limit/price as long as you don’t need to adjust it.

I’ve never seen a business try to alienate and upset its users in a way like this before. How can you foist a 20x price increase on your current users? That’s ridiculous. Leaves a terrible taste in the mouth after so many have spent so much time learning the ins and outs of your platform.

2 Likes

Hey Andrew, as we mentioned via email we’re not increasing anything on you – you can stay on your current plan/limit going forward.

New prices are for new plans and as we stated if you want to switch we’ll also give you a discount.

@andrew There’s no mention of the price freeze in pricing update email I received. Can you clarify if this is the case for all existing customers?

We’re currently paying $38 / month to run a single data export twice a day. Under the new plan we’d be paying $400 / month for the same functionality.

I understand the need for you guys to raise prices as the product improves and your team expands, but I wouldn’t do so at the expense of your early and loyal customers who have supported you to get to where you are today and have built their business infrastructure around your old pricing model. A grandfather plan would make total sense here to recognise this.

@Abrar_Gundroo - They are doing price freeze for all existing customers, but there would be no option to upgrade/downgrade to credit level system. Down the road, these grandfather plans would be no good if a business needs more credits.

1 Like

Hey @Abrar_Gundroo, followed up over email!

I run one or two flows a month to get Google Analytics and Facebook Ads data. Now $80/month? I’ll find an alternative.

1 Like

Hey Dan – As we’ve mentioned, if you reach out to support@parabola.io, we can certainly find a plan that works for you. Whether that means staying at your current price & credit level, signing up for a ‘Starter’ Plan, or working something custom out, we are making every effort to accommodate for existing customers.

Feel free to send us an email!

Exactly the same here. 10x the price for … what?

This is so disappointing and frustrating. I built my flows to run on a monthly schedule and in the process found multiple bugs that I pointed out to the Parabola team with pulling data from Google analytics.

I had about 13 flows running monthly on the free tier (Zero cost to me), now I see I have a $65 dollar charge from new pricing after never receiving any emails about pricing changes.

Let me be clear - I am happy to pay a fair price for the flows I am running as they are very helpful to me and my team, but to go from paying zero to $80 which, based on what that pricing tier allows, would mean a massive change in how often I can run my flows. I’ve had an email from the support team offering me a 50% discount for one year but what about after that? I don’t see any choice right now but to move to another service with a more appropriate pricing structure. Feels like a bait and switch.

Hi Matthew!

Thanks for your feedback. I just sent you an email to follow up. Also, we’re not automatically charging customers for new plans, and will not force customers into the new tiers either. Your credit plan will continue to work. The $65 on your account appears to be a separate situation, but feel free to reply to my email and we can discuss more.