How is Parabola different than Zapier?

Zapier is great for moving small bits of data from one place to another when a triggering event occurs. Parabola focuses on what happens during transit, allowing you to create custom flows that reformat, group, filter, or enrich your data while it moves from place to place.

Parabola works with a batch model, so rather than moving a single row when an event occurs, Parabola can move up to millions of rows at a time, on a schedule. While Zapier’s functionality is limited to pieces of the data set, Parabola supports table-based operations like aggregation, growth rates, and math. Zapier and Parabola can work well together, playing off of each other’s strengths to create robust data solutions.

1 Like

Hey Andrew!

Great explanation of the differences between Parabola & Zapier - I think the two together can be very very powerful.

What’s the max number of rows I can have in a parabola flow? You mentioned a million rows at a time - is that the max?

Thanks
Varun

1 Like

Thanks @Varun_Goel! Agree that the combo of Zapier and Parabola together is really powerful.

The max number of rows is 5M. I wrote up some more about Parabola’s limits here:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that info it really helps!!

How does pricing work when you exceed 50k rows ?

How many credits does it take to run flows which have 100k, 500k, 1million, 5million rows ?

1 Like

Absolutely, glad to hear it @Varun_Goel! All flows with max rows ≥ 50K consume 16 credits.

1 Like

Our organization currently uses Zapier for numerous process bringing data in and out of Salesforce. What is an example of how Parabola and Zapier work together with Salesforce? Thanks

Hi Russell - welcome to the community!

We have also seen customers build automations where, when a new customer is created in Salesforce, an event will be triggered in Zapier. Zapier will then forward the customer data to Parabola’s webhook URL to kick off the flow.

The real power of Parabola is the ability to transform data in bulk and set up custom scheduled automations.

If you’re interested in connecting directly with Salesforce through Parabola, here are some custom Salesforce recipes for inspiration: Parabola Recipes tagged as Salesforce

Hope this helps - let us know if you have any other questions about this integration.

2 Likes