JSON - Structure Help

Hello,

I’m using Parabola to send a list to my Bubble app using an API Export. I have setup the endpoint however I need to format the JSON body within the export. I’m making a POST request.

Data format: https://gyazo.com/96b8b047cb887fd470191542058faa70
Currently body setup: https://gyazo.com/6ec5ec0ee983fd52a582f6c830ada00a

Currently the body linked above only returns the very first domain in the column. How should I write the body so it will return the whole list?

Thank you

Still looking for a solution to this!

Hi @EB - If I’m understanding your issue correctly, it sounds like you need to wrap the column name in curly braces { } and pass that in the Body instead of the specific value.

I think it’ll make more sense if you can post a screenshot of how your API Export is currently configured, and what the data you’re trying to export looks like.

Hi @sachi , I am having a similar issue in the sense that when I send a list to bubble (current JSON is “All Issues”: [“All Issues”] ) though bubble does understand that as a list, the items are not entering the database as individual items.

Ex: Let’s say in a particular row there are multiple items which are: Out of Stock, Missing Image. Instead of bubble understanding them as 2 individual issues (which should be the case), it understands it as 1 issue named Out of Stock, Missing Image.

So the question is: When sending from Parabola, how do I make bubble understand that items after the comma, are individual items and not part of a sentence ?

Does that make sense ? Thanks in advance

Hi @Mateus_Coelho,

The way your JSON is currently set up, you’re sending a single list to the All Issues field as an array of strings.

If Bubble is supposed to interpret those as individual items, you’ll need a separate field for each issue.

Taking a look at their forums, it seems that some users have a separate workflow that saves each item as a separate item before calling each of those items into a single list with individual list items.

If those items already exist in a separate database, you may be able to pass those item ids in directly, not the literal string of the item.