Issues calculating time between dates

Hi, I cannot get the day difference between two columns, for some reason this app doesnt recognize my old date format. My column has the date field format DD/MM/YYYY and I changed it to the format YYYY-MM-DD, this column has some empty rows as not all values have a date in this particular column. Im not sure if its because some fielda are emtpy? Or why?

Thanks

Hi Auren! Does your set up look something like this?
Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.17.04 AM

You should use the Date Formatter step to reformat your date columns from DD/MM/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD. Then the Date Comparison should work, even with empty values present.

Try pasting this snippet into your canvas and reconfiguring based on your own column names:

parabola:cb:8900dc9a77374aeeb0c8a6292c24bfb4

Let me know how that goes!

Hi, I tried this exact method before and it doesnt work yet, here is the message I get: “There are dates in an unknown format, try setting the old format to convert them”

Hmm, that’s strange. It should work. Can you post a screenshot of how you’re configured when you get that error message? The rows with blank values won’t do the calculation so the Date Formatter column value would also be blank. But, the rows with values should do the calculation properly as you’d expect.

Hello,
I get the exactly same issue when I try to calculate time between dates. I get a message that says “One or more of your date column is not in a valid format and therefore did not receive a result”. When I import the data my date column appears in two different date formats, one of them not the same as in the original xlsx file.
Can you please share how you have resolved that issue? Hopefully you have!

Hi @Todor,

Can you tell me how your dates are formatted before making the comparison? In the meantime, try changing your formatting to position your MM before your DD.

I’m curious to know if any of these formats work:

• MM-DD-YYYY
  • MM.DD.YYYY
  • MM/DD/YYYY

Let me know if that returns successful results!