How to merge values in Insert Text Column

Hi there!

I’m trying to build a flow that will send daily total orders and generated revenue to our Slack channel.

To do this I need to SUM revenue and COUNT orders which I did, but then I don’t know how to merge this into the Insert Text Column function which is to send message to Slack.

Any help is much appreciated

Hi @Timotej_Gracner - You’re really close! Based on your screenshot, you have the right idea on how to merge values into the Insert Text Column. This column can take plain text as well as multiple merged values, like so:

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

1 Like

Thanks @sachi. Sorry, I was a little unclear in describing my issue.

Send to an API accepts only one input but as you can see from the screenshot I have two (SUM revenue and COUNT orders).

Is there a way to merge these two and then pass both in Insert Text Column and then to Send to an API

Basically what I’m trying to do is a bot that will get orders + total revenue and send it to Slack via Webhook.

I hope you understand what I’m trying to accomplish here. :slight_smile:

Ah, thanks for clarifying! Yep, definitely possible. To merge these two steps together, please connect two separate Insert row numbers next to the SUM revenue step and the COUNT orders step. Then, add a Combine Tables step to combine the two branches using Row Number as the matching identifier. That will get all your data into one table. You can send that through an Insert Text Column step and then send that “Text” column you create to the Slack API!

Here’s a screenshot of what the flow will look like:

And here’s more specifics on how to configure the Combine tables step: