How can I compare my Shopify data month-over-month or year-over-year?

We heard from a lot of customers wanting to compare their business performance month-over-month or year-over-year.

Previously, there wasn’t really an elegant way to achieve this kind of analysis within Parabola, because it required a manual update of dates before running a flow.

Now, our Pull from Shopify step supports date offsets that make this easy to set up and possible to automate!

The Orders and Customers options in the Pull from Shopify step support the ability to set offsets to your date filters.

First, you can choose whether to filters dates:

• within the previous number of days, hours, weeks or month
  • Or within the current day to date, week to date, month to date, year to date

Then, you can choose to add an offset to the previous period or previous year . Previous period will use the same increment of time you’ve selected above. Previous year will use the same dates, just the year prior.

Let’s say you want to track how your sales are performing this month, compared to last month. Your flow will have two Pull from Shopify steps.

The Orders from this month step will be configured like this:
Screen_Shot_2020-08-19_at_12.24.22_PM

The Orders from last month step will be configured like this:
Screen_Shot_2020-08-19_at_12.24.48_PM

You’ll see that by offsetting to the previous period, I’m able to pull from the 1st to the 19th of the previous month (July).