Duplicating Flows that are not Published

We used to be able to duplicate flows regardless of whether or not they were Published or not. I beleive with the new Publish Dashboard, the flow must be Published, otherwise I have no possible way to Duplicate a flow.

The issue with this is, I have flows that have ‘errors’ some a large amount, but the way I have it set up it is fine. I would have to basically ‘disconnect’ all of the parts of the flow that has an ‘error’ just to be able to Publish it, just to be able to duplicate it.

Is there a way around this? I do not want to remove all of the work that I have put into the flow, only to disconnect it all to duplicate.

Hi there -

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Am I correct in understanding that you’ve never published this particular flow? If you need to make some changes to the flow, why not just make them directly inside the flow in question rather than duplicating it first?

As a workaround, you could simply Shift + Click & Drag to select all the steps in your current flow. Then you can use your system’s copy command (Apple + C, or Ctrl + C) to copy the steps. If you open a new flow and use your system’s paste command (without copying anything else to your clipboard in the interim), all the steps from your first flow will appear.

~ Trevor

I want to be able to do this too.

1 Like

Hi Patrick, could you say more about your use-case and why you need to be able to do this?

Hi all! Quick update on duplicating unpublished flows. I think you’ll love the new flows dashboard:

1 Like