Add rows above column headers

Is it possible to add rows of information above the column headers/data? I am building a custom report from shopify that I am using to upload item sales into inventory management software and the template requires that I have rows of info above the sales data.

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to the community! It’s not possible to do this in Parabola directly, but you may be able to do this using a static CSV file with just column headers. Be sure your column headers equal the total number of columns from your sales data table.

For example, your table has 7 columns with data. Your static file would have at least 7 column with your desired headers:

Next, use an Insert rows step to add a single row with your original column headers from your source data:

Finally, use a Stack tables step to stack your new column headers on the top and your sales data on the bottom. You do not need to match up data by column headers:

Here’s a basic template of what that could look like:

Let me know if that helps!

That worked! Thank you!

Just wanted to follow up here with another option that would allow you to add those column headers within your Flow!

Here is a Snippet to those additional steps: parabola:cb:42cd5aee-41f4-46dc-9f31-106a1101b94d
To use the Snippet, copy and paste it into the Builder.

Here are the steps in that Snippet:

• First, you will import your data (ex: Pull from Google Sheets).
  • From there, use an Insert row numbers step to add a column.
  • Use a Flip table step.
  • Add an Insert text column step:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 1.59.43 PM

• Use a Reorder columns step to bring that new column that you just created to the front:

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 2.00.50 PM

• Use a Flip table step.

• Use a Select column step to remove the column that was inserted in the Insert text column step:
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 2.01.40 PM

• Finally, use a Rename columns step to add your headers!

Here is how those steps will look in the Builder:

Let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Thank you for the snippet, it was a lifesaver!