Where do we push variables in a GraphQL POST request in 'sent to an API'?

Where do i place my variables in Graphql POST body request ? the instructions are to place it in the pagination field but the fields doesn’t exist in the ‘send to an API’ step. I there something I missed or had the settings of the steps change, and it this case where to include it ?

Thank you very much for your input .

Hey @sdp_pirate,

Are you trying to paginate, or are you just trying to use a dynamic value from one of your existing columns as the value for a field in the call?

If it’s the latter, you can still reference columns that exist in your table as values for the call by using curly brackets (as other steps in Parabola do).

For example, I have columns called “email_address”, “pw”, etc., so I can reference them in the call by placing them in curly brackets as shown below:

Or, are you trying to set variables to actually use for pagination?

Brian Dawson
Automation Consultant

Yes Brian I do not want to paginate but use a dynamic value from one of my columns. I wasn’t sure if I could place it in the body since it’s a graphQL POST request.
It should be structured with :

1. Query
  2. GraphQL Variable

My question was were to put the GraphQL Variable? I tried to place it the body below the query but I get a 404 error.

Hey @sdp_pirate,

Can you send more info about what your request looks like right now, the 404 error you’re seeing, and the docs for what GraphQL API you’re trying to send requests to?

I’m not sure if it’s possible to use GraphQL variables in the Parabola step. You can see my attempt below, though I don’t get a 404 error, just an invalid syntax error.

Like I said, I’m not sure if it’s possible.

Would using dynamic column references work instead though?

Hey Brian_Dawson i am building a workflow to reorder the product position of products in a specific collection of a Shopify store.

The docs for Shopify GraphQL API :
collectionReorderProducts

I edited the code which was giving the 404 error instead after further attempts I have the same invalid syntax error.