The Combine Tables step has been improved

The Combine Tables step is one of the most used steps in Parabola, and for good reason. Its job is to take two tables and combine them, based on matching rules, like a VLOOKUP. This step pulls rows from one table and looks up their value in another table.

We’ve released an update to this step that will make it easier to use:

There are two distinct sections.

At the top, you will see that each table has its own dropdown, controls which rows show in the result. The default behavior is to take all rows from the first table, and only the matching rows from the second table. Those two dropdowns can allow you to create 4 different looking results. In most cases, the default settings will be what you want to use.

The section below, which is composed of light grey cards, is where you define which columns should be used to match. Select a column from each table, and then add more rules if you need a more specific match.

We hope that you find this update useful!

2 Likes

Hi Brian, thanks for sharing.

Recently I came across a problem when combining two separate csv files. Let me explain:

We have two CSV files with columns: Brand and ID, for example in the first file we have this row -
Alloys: GDS37x0-RFID-RD, and in another file we have Warehouse ALS: GDS37X0-RFID-RD.

I match files by ID column. Ideally, these two should not match because even though they are identical by letters, the “x” is cased in the second file. But it seems the Step combines them into one row.
Does the Combine tables step case sensitive? If not, can we somehow make it? Thanks in advance.

Hi @Nargiza_Kurbanova

The combine tables step is currently case sensitive! Had a chance to take a look, and it does appear that the flow is matching up the SKUs according to the casing. Let me know if I can help take a look at anything else.

Thanks!
Ayana