Pass Auth Token as VAR to downstream flow

1. What is your feature/integration request?
    The ability to store an APIToken as a Var somewhere then reference that Var in subsequent API import steps.

2. What problem would this feature/integration solve?
    I’m pulling data from an app called Marketman. It uses an OAuth 2.0 that doesn’t match Parabola’s spec, so I need to authenticate via API token (using a key and password). I currently have to create a flow exclusively for generating the API key, and then use that key in a separate flow that pulls data from Marketman. Ideally, the first step in my flow would check the status of the key, generate a new one if expired, and store it as a VAR that I could reference in downstream steps. This would keep the flow running with no manual intervention.

3. How do you solve/workaround this problem today?
    This wouldn’t be a problem if I only had to do this once. However, the tokens expire after 7 days. As it stands, l need to manually generate a new token and update my data request flow with that token info to keep my flow functioning.

You guys are awesome. Parabola is the future.

I had a similar issue with accessing a site that changed the bearer token daily. Ended up using a Google VM with Ubuntu and Apache to create a Middleware api that Parabola talks to. Not familiar enough with OAuth to tackle that on my own, but something to think about in the interim.

1 Like

Good news! Parabola now supports expiring access tokens - every time your Parabola Flow runs, we grab a fresh token that is then inserted into your API request. You can read more about this here: How to use the API integration in Parabola.

@John1 - we’ve helped customers recently connect to the Marketman API, and are happy to help you out if you need additional support.