Join function doesn't match certain data

Hi guys,

So I’m currently joining 2 tables from different sources (Webflow and Google Analytics), they both have the exact same wording but the join data shows that they’re not the same and therefore it doesn’t join. Is there a character-specific match that’s going on? The format is standard primary row.

For more info:

The Google Analytics data came from Webflow, so it’s basically just matching them up together by ‘name’, I tried going for other properties like slug but slug doesn’t have the exact same parameters to match it all up.

It’s most likely some formatting issues that’s preventing a match. Are none of your rows matching up, or are some of them matching up as expected?

If it’s the latter, can you provide an example of data that exists in both tables, but doesn’t successfully match?

I just found out while I was going through the data that it was the formatting because of the space after the name.

The Title on Google Analytics:
EP #1: The NBA Bubble, Kanye’s New Shoe and Special Guest, Jeff Van Groningen

On Webflow (with a space at the end)
EP #1: The NBA Bubble, Kanye’s New Shoe and Special Guest, Jeff Van Groningen

Is there a way to make sure the space formatting can be addressed?

The Use RegEx step will help you remove trailing spaces. Set the expression to a space followed by the $

That says, match the spaces that is at the very end of the cell. Then leave the replace field blank to remove it.

1 Like