API Enrichment error handling

1. What is your feature/integration request?
    Allow the API Enrichment step to continue to process rows after an error, and log the errors in the table so that they can be used in later steps.

2. What problem would this feature/integration solve?
    Integrating with this API that uses a 403 error if the request cannot be completed (due to internal filtering, impossible to know beforehand and happens about 50% of the time): https://apidocs.straticsnetworks.com/reference#single-rvm-drop

3. How do you solve/workaround this problem today?
    Will try relaying the requests through Integromat or pipedream.com, but operation limits compared to the volume Parabola can handle may make this much more expensive or impossible.

Is there any progress on error handling? It’s much requested.

Is there a roadmap anywhere for the product?

Hi Jim and Matt :wave:

Wanted to let you know you know that this is on our roadmap and we will be sure to update this post as soon as we have an update to share!

While we do not have a public roadmap currently available, we are certainly open to creating one. What information do you think would be most helpful/ valuable for us to include?

Hi @Adam_R ,

Working on a flow today that reminded me about error handling. Is there an update? I’ve got a flow with 30k records I need to update and although I’ll be batching them up errors do occur.

Error handling has been much discussed in the community, and I’m getting the sense that Parabola’s focus is moving more towards shopify / ecomm rather than as an integration platform. It may be just your new messaging. Would be nice to hear some more on the direction of the product.

re: the roadmap a simple kanban approach would probably work with some expectations set on timescales.

Hope that helps - Jim

1 Like

Thanks for your note @jim! Totally understand the desire to check out a public roadmap – your request has been passed on to the team.

Error handling is on our list and has been discussed internally. We will continue to consider this area in upcoming cycles. Appreciate your patience, and always happy to help troubleshoot any errors at support@parabola.io.

Hey @jim @Matt_Kinsel –

Wanted to share the good news! We just released new error handling functionality in our “Enrich with an API” and “Send to an API” steps. Feel free to check out this post for the full announcement – particularly curious to hear your feedback!